Sports & Fitness
- Overview & Services
The Fort Buchanan Fitness Center is an air-conditioned 17,000 square foot facility that provides a variety of sports, fitness and recreational programs. The Fitness Center is accessible to patrons with disabilities.
- Regulation size basketball/volleyball courts
- Four additional baskets for extra pick-up and competitive games
- Cardiovascular area with state of the art exercise machines that include steppers, treadmills, elliptical and cycles
- Complete line of current, refined and user-friendly Selectorized Nautilus weight machines for each individual muscle
- Complete free weights area (Hammer Strength and Iron Grip)
- Individual supervision and guidance for exercise routines is available
- Daily use lockers
- Microfit Evaluation
- Tennis courts and reservations. Reservations are required. A daily fee applies to guests and may be paid at the Fitness Center.
The Fitness Center membership is free for Active Duty Military, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard Component, DOD Civilian employees and their Families.
- Group Fitness Programs
We offer high-quality fitness programs to help you stay healthy, limber and strong. Our fitness experts and trainers can guide you through your workout and recommend individualized routines and group activities.
- Functional classes
- Golden Age Interactive Group (50 years and older)
- Indoor cycling
- Out of the Box (OOTB)
- Wellbeats - upon request
- Cardiovascular Area
Our state of the art cardiovascular exercise machines include:
- Krank Cycles
- Computerized cycles
- Elliptical machines
- Indoor Cycling Classes
Stationary bicycles offer aerobic benefits that are great for building strength and improving cardiovascular health. We offer numerous classes each week at different times plus special, one-and-a-half hour extended sessions each month. Cycle classes are in high demand and spaces are limited. Participants must reserve 24 hours in advance.
Individual Assessment and Exercise Guidance
- Resting heart rate
- Body fat percentage
- Cardiovascular endurance
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
- Adult Intramural Sports
The Intramural Sports Program offers a variety of competitions such as volleyball, basketball, flag football and softball leagues. We also provide individualized activities such as tennis (located beside Bldg. 399), racquetball, dominoes, chess, table tennis, races, dodge ball, bench press and walleyball. We also offer different sport clinics throughout the year.
The leagues are open to Active Duty Military, Reservists, National Guard, DOD employees, Federal employees, Retirees, Family members 18 years and older and DOD ID Card Holder sponsored teams.
Sport Season Approx. # Teams Adult Softball January - March 10 Adult Basketball April - June 10 Adult Volleyball July - September 10 Adult Flag Football October - December 6
Tournaments are held throughout the year for a variety of sports.
- Reservation Procedure for Practice Sessions
- Only members are authorized to make reservations for basketball, tennis and racquetball courts. Requests must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations are for one hour unless approved by the Fitness Center Manager.
- A reservation schedule will be maintained at the Fitness Center service counter.
- Reservations can be made by visiting the Fitness Center or by calling +1 (787) 707-3767.
Scheduled events and games have priority over practice sessions.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Sports Office - Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Bldg. 167 Google Map