- Overview & Services
The Fort Buchanan Fitness Center is an air-conditioned 17,000 square foot facility that provides a variety of sports, fitness, and recreational programs. The Fitness Center is accessible to patrons with disabilities.
- Inside basketball court closed at present time, soon to be renovated.
- Four additional baskets for extra pick-up and competitive games
- Cardiovascular area with state of the art exercise machines that include steppers, treadmills, elliptical and cycles
- Complete line of current, refined, and user-friendly Selectorized Nautilus weight machines for each individual muscle
- Complete free weights area (Hammer Strength and Iron Grip)
- Individual supervision and guidance for exercise routines are available
- Daily use lockers
- Micro-fit Evaluation
- Sauna is closed at the present due to COVID-19 protocols
- Tennis courts and reservations. Reservations are required. A daily fee applies to guests and may be paid at the Fitness Center.
The Fitness Center membership is free for Active Duty Military, Veterans, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard Component, DOD Civilian Employees and their Families, and all authorized ID cardholders.
For more details, please contact us at 787-707-3767.
- Group Fitness Programs
We offer high-quality fitness programs to help you stay healthy, limber, and strong. Our fitness experts and trainers can guide you through your workout and recommend individualized routines and group activities.
- Functional classes
- PT Sessions
- Golden Age Interactive Group: Wednesdays and Fridays 9 a.m.
- Group Cycling Classes at the outdoor roofed basketball court: Thursdays 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Back2Basics: Tuesdays 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. Thursdays 12 p.m.
- Wellbeats - upon request
- Cardiovascular Area
Our state of the art cardiovascular exercise machines include:
- Krank Cycles
- Computerized cycles
- Elliptical machines
- Indoor Cycling Classes
Stationary bicycles offer aerobic benefits that are great for building strength and improving cardiovascular health. We offer numerous classes each week at different times plus special, one-and-a-half hour extended sessions each month. Cycle classes are in high demand and spaces are limited. Participants must reserve 24 hours in advance.
Individual Assessment and Exercise Guidance
- Resting heart rate
- Body fat percentage
- Cardiovascular endurance
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
- Adult Intramural Sports
The Intramural Sports Program offers a variety of competitions such as volleyball, basketball, flag football and softball leagues. We also provide individualized activities such as tennis (located beside Bldg. 399), racquetball, dominoes, chess, table tennis, races, dodge ball, bench press and walleyball. We also offer different sport clinics throughout the year.
The leagues are open to Active Duty Military, Reservists, National Guard, DOD employees, Federal employees, Retirees, Family members 18 years and older and DOD ID Card Holder sponsored teams.
Sport Season Approx. # Teams Adult Softball January - March 10 Adult Basketball April - June 10 Adult Volleyball July - September 10 Adult Flag Football October - December 6
Tournaments are held throughout the year for a variety of sports.
- Reservation Procedure for Practice Sessions
- Only members are authorized to make reservations for basketball, tennis and racquetball courts. Requests must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations are for one hour unless approved by the Fitness Center Manager.
- A reservation schedule will be maintained at the Fitness Center service counter.
- Reservations can be made by visiting the Fitness Center or by calling +1 (787) 707-3767.
Scheduled events and games have priority over practice sessions.
- Fitness Center Videos
Fitness Center Videos
- Full Body Workout : https://youtu.be/NZ4dsUGVWFs
- PFC Roberto E. Clemente Walker Annex
The PFC Roberto E. Clemente Walker Annex Building 170, is a brand new fully equipped exercise facility that includes an array of functional fitness exercise equipment, ranging from, Kettlebells, Battle Ropes, TRX, Medicine Balls, as well as a Hammer Strength Double Bridge, Power Racks, Rowers, non-motorized cardio equipment and much more.
We are committed to the physical fitness development and readiness of our soldiers and the Fort Buchanan Community!
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm.
The use of the facility requires abiding by Garrisons guidance on the appropriate use of sanitation, and maintaining 6 feet of social distance.
For more information, please contact us at: (787) 707-3281.
- STRONG Bands May Events
During the month of May the Sports & Fitness center have a few activities to keep your mind and body in shape as part of the STRONG Bands activities.
Click to see the full calendar and remember to reserve your space calling at 787-707-3767.
Sports & Fitness
Special hours during COVID-19
Military DSN (312)740-33767