- Professionally-trained lifeguards are on duty at all times.
- The 25-meter pool also offers four lanes for lap swimming.
- A snack bar and catering service for pool parties and groups are available.
- Annual and seasonal memberships are available for all military ID cardholders.
Daily Admission Fees:
Category Price Children 3 yrs and under FREE Children 4 yrs up and ID cardholders
Non Id cardholders $10
Annual Family Membership Plan:
Category Summer Winter Annual
E1 - E5
$250 $175 $300
E6 - E8
O1 - O3
$325 $250 $375
E9/O4 and up
Retirees, DoD Civilians and others authorized ID cardholders
$400 $325 $450
ID Cardholders 18 years and older can sponsor up to eight (8) guests.
* Family rate is considered for one ID cardholder plus three (Total of 4). Member Cards are not transferable. Additional member will apply a 25% discount.
* Authorized personnel: Active Duty, Civilian DoD, Retirees, Reserve, and National Guard.
- Rules & Regulations
Rules and Regulations
1. Any person suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to enter the facility.
2. All patrons will comply with the orders and instructions of the lifeguards and pool staff.
3. All swimmers will shower before entering the pool.
4. Spitting, nose blowing, vomiting, urinating, or defecating is not allowed in the pool.
5. No person who has a respiratory, infectious or otherwise communicable disease will be permitted in the pool
6. Profanity, fighting and other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal.
7. Eating is not permitted in the pool area. Eating is allowed on the Deck areas where seating is available. Only water may be taken into the pool area. No glass containers allowed.
8. Gum chewing is not allowed in the pool area.
9. The use of tobacco products is not permitted within the facility.
10. Only bathing suits, approved swim attire and water shoes are allowed in the pool. Street clothes are not allowed.
11. Only ADA service animals and Military Working Dogs with proper documentation are allowed within the facility.
12. No video or photography will be taken of any patron without consent.
13. Personal flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. No inflatable flotation devices are allowed. No water wings are allowed.
14. All toys must be approved by management.
15. The following activities are considered unsafe and are not permitted: running, dunking, pushing, sitting on shoulders, throwing other swimmer, and horseplay. Lifeguards reserve the right to further limit patron activity if it is determined to be unsafe.
16. Fort Buchanan Water Spout is not responsible for items stored in lockers or personal belongings.
17. All lockers are for daily use only. Locks left overnight will be cut off.
18. Non potty-trained children must wear swim diapers in the pool.
19. Children 12 years old and younger must be under the supervision of a parent/guardian (18 years or older) at all times.
20. All children, kindergarten age and older will use gender appropriate restrooms or the family changing rooms. Diaper changing will take place only in the locker rooms or restrooms.
21. Children under five years of age or younger, non-swimming children, and those wearing lifejackets or other flotation devices must be within an arm's reach of an adult at all times.
22. A 15-minute "pool break" may be given at any given time depending on the day and season. One long whistle will serve as the signal for swimmers to exit the pool during that time.
23. No breath holding games will be allowed at any time.
Water Slide Rules and Regulations
1. No more than one person per slide at any time.
2. Riders must be at least 4 feet tall or pass a swim test to use the slides.
3. Life jackets are not permitted in the slides.
4. Roughhousing or horse playing on the slides or in the line for the slides is strictly forbidden.
5. The riding position for the slides is feet first, lying on the back.
6. Face first, and stomach entry on the slide is strictly forbidden.
7. No diving from the bottom of the slide.
8. Exit from the catch pool area quickly.
9. Do not cross in front of another slide when exiting from the catch pool.
10. Riders must wait for the tower attendant to signal that they may go before entering the slide chute.
11. Non-compliance with slide rules and regulations may result in the suspension of facility privileges without a refund.
The Water Spout is a family-friendly, handicap-accessible outdoor aquatic center that’s open year ‘round. The pool is a sloped, “beach” access that starts at zero to four feet in depth. Thrill-seekers can’t get enough of the Water Spout’s two giant slides. The Octopus Ride is a closed 130-foot water tube while the second is open-air and measures 125 feet. The facility also has lily pads, a net crossing, umbrellas and a 15,000 square foot deck with shade areas, lounges, and picnic tables. Conveniences also include showers and lockers.
This facility can be reserved for for private pool parties during off-duty time.
Small birthday parties and other celebrations are always welcome during normal operating hours. Convenient party packages and catering is available to accommodate your special requests.
Our staff are ready to assist and provide you with additional information.
1. Facilities are available for the use of Active Duty, Retired, Reserve, Military and Family members, National Guard, and Department of the Army Civilian Employees of Fort Buchanan.
2. 100% ID card check will be required of all patrons.
3. Authorized patrons (Active Duty, Retirees, Reserve Military and their family members, National Guard, and DoD Civilians).
**Exceptions to the above policy may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Director of FMWR.